|Your Visit||About the Museum||Collection||Special Events||News||Groups & Parties||Get Involved|
Nassau Electric Railway 169
1894 St. Louis Car Co.
by William E. Wood, April 2001
Car #169 is a 28’ closed wooden - 4 wheel Trolley Car, built in 1894 by the St. Louis Car Company for the Nassau Electric of Brooklyn, New York. The original car had open platforms and side plush seating. She rides on a Dupont truck with 2 - Westinghouse 68 motors, 2-K11 controllers, with a single pole.
The Nassau Electric became part of the Brooklyn Rapid Transit of Brooklyn, NY. The open platforms were partially enclosed with dashers and windows, plus side gates. The car became work equipment and was renumbered #83. It came to the museum in August 1951 and is the oldest car in our collection. The car was repainted to Brooklyn colors and renumbered to #169 when restored in the fifties.
| Controls: 2 - K11
Motors: 2 - Westinghouse 68
Copyright 2017 Connecticut Electric Railway Association, Inc. All rights reserved.